2011年5月31日火曜日

Thinking of a soul





Nan-en-do Hall (南円堂)is located at the southwest corner on the temple ground of Koufukuji, with octagonal shape and a Kannon statue, Goddess of Mercy, inside. The statue, holding a net called kensaku(羂索) with her hand for salvation, is a national treasure, and is sitting in the behind of the reddish door which is seldom opened.

At the next to this Hall, there is a small hall where an another statue, Hitokoto-kannon(一言観音)( Goddess for one wish) is situated.



I came here for prayer. I wanted to pray for an acquaintance who had departed from this life, for peace of his soul.
Praying I thought that his soul had been already in peace.
When I came to know that he had passed away, I had no tear as if my body rejected to accept the reality, while I felt that my soul accepted it slowly and quietly.



In front of the small hall, there is a small trellis for wisterias. The flowers of wisteria have gone and through the green leaves I could see sunshine in the afternoon after a couple of rainy days. I looked up at the sky thinking of a soul.

When I came here last time, my husband offered a long prayer for the One wish goddess, I remembered.


われよりも長く拝みて礼(あや)をしぬ 夫は一言観音さまに

After prayed

for longer than I have done

my husband bowed from the waist

at the Kannon statue

for One wish








Doves are flying away....
Where do you make streak for? There is no hurry. Never hurry.

10 件のコメント:

stardust さんのコメント...

I'm sorry about your loss. I think, too, the person’s soul is already in peace.

Before Hitokoto Kannon, I often can’t decide which to pray, but I was and will be decisive when I have a serious, critical wish. Generally I pray much longer than my husband.

Have the threads of willow tree grown so long? They will grow rapidly at this season.

All in all, this post is enveloped in calm energy for life.

I've been unable to post a comment with my Google Account to some people including you. I'll use "URL and Name".

cosmos さんのコメント...

I think I know how you feel now.
"There's no hurry". Please take your leisurely time till you come to terms with the reality.

I like the way your husband gives his prayers.

snowwhite さんのコメント...

I have thought about his life. I believe he was happy, very happy. The best way to repose the soul of the decesed is to think and remember him just like you are doing. Nan-en-do was built as the memorial hall and the main object of worship is Kannon, the deity of compassion and mercy. So I'm sure your prayer was granted.
I'll also visit some temple and pray for his soul.

Redrose さんのコメント...

Haricot.
I will try to leave this comment using a new way Stardust taught me.
I do not think that I have been a religious person. But,I also visited Nanendou to pray for my brother and two of my close friends. I think how you feel now.It is so sad.Your photo of Sarusawa pond and young willow leaves is quiet and beautiful. The photo represents your acquaintance's calm soul.

ruma さんのコメント...

Buddha and the green fusion.
It seems to bring on the atmosphere of a calm ancient city.

Sharing a moment of peace.
It is a joy for all.

Thank you for the warmth of your heart.
Have a good weekend ...

Greetings.
ruma

haricot さんのコメント...

Thank you for your comment, stardust, cosmos, snowwhite, and redrose, taking trouble to post.

I don't know aboutPC well, but I tried to change the form for comment as pop-up-window.

ruma

Thank you.
It seems not to be difficult for you to post comment here, without any trouble of system.


I appreciate your encouragement from depth of my heart, for all of you.

stardust さんのコメント...

Oh, haricot, you're so quick to respond! Don't underestimate your skills as you created this nice blog without guidance from anyone.

haricot さんのコメント...

Thank you, stardust, for your approppriate advice. PC often surprises me.

Jenny Woolf さんのコメント...

I am sad about your friend's death. This is a beautiful peaceful place in which to remember

haricot さんのコメント...

Jenny, thank you for visiting my blog and having left your comment.
Your icon is cute!
And your comment gave me a consolation.